Justice Rapid Response is currently seeking to recruit Arabic-speaking and Hebrew-speaking justice professionals for its Expert Roster.
The application deadline is 18 March 2024.
We are looking for Arabic-speaking candidates including:
- International criminal investigators with expertise in crimes affecting children
- Open-Source/OSINT Investigators
- Prosecutors with expertise in crimes affecting children
- Human rights monitors with expertise in violations affecting children
- Witness protection experts
- International Legal Advisors with experience in international mechanisms
- Transitional Justice Experts
and/or Hebrew-speaking candidates including:
- International Criminal investigators
- SGBV and/or child rights investigators
- Prosecutors of international crimes
- Interpreters (from-to English)
Each Justice Rapid Response call for nominations is targeted to specified groups of experts with distinct skill sets and professional backgrounds. Candidates should therefore only apply if their profile corresponds with the profiles Justice Rapid Response is seeking to recruit through this call. Only experts in these domains are eligible and can use the links to the relevant recruitment forms below. Nominations of professionals with other expertise will not be considered; these professionals are advised to wait for a later recruitment campaign for experts in their field of expertise.
Justice Rapid Response regularly sends out calls for nominations for its standby roster of experts in international justice who are ready to deploy to national, international and regional accountability and transitional justice mechanisms to help ensure those bodies have the highly specialized expertise to properly document, investigate, analyze and prosecute international core crimes and serious human rights violations. Previous deployments included support to States, the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, UN Commissions of Inquiry and Fact-Finding Missions, the International Criminal Court (ICC), international and hybrid courts, truth commissions and CSOs documenting international crimes.
The goal of this call is to increase the pool of Arabic-speaking and Hebrew-speaking experts who are available to deploy at short notice to national, international, and regional accountability and transitional justice mechanisms. These deployments help to ensure that justice bodies have the highly specialized expertise to properly document, investigate, analyze and prosecute international core crimes and serious human rights violations.
Experts will be requested to adhere to JRR’s Code_Of_Conduct, including the Organization’s values.
Prior to any deployment the Expert will raise with JRR any potential conflict of interest that may arise and which may preclude the Expert from carrying out the work impartially and objectively. Moreover, as part of JRR’s duty of care and security processes, unless in exceptional circumstances, JRR would not deploy experts in their own country.
We take the opportunity of this communication to inform you that our campaigns to certify Ukrainian- and Russian-speaking Justice Experts and PSEA Experts and Environmental Crimes Experts are ongoing and still open for applications. To apply, please use the links provided in that call for nominations on JRR website.
Note that proficiency in English is a requirement for certification for Justice Rapid Response’s Expert Roster.
We cordially invite experts, with the listed professional backgrounds, to seek nomination and to apply by using the online platform (self-employed experts can nominate themselves). Below, you will find important information about the selection process and the links to the application forms.
Please feel free to share this message with colleagues who have the required expertise and circulate this within your professional network.
If this message was forwarded to you and you would like your email address to be added to the mailing list for future calls for nomination, please sign up at https://jrr.tfaforms.net/423358.
HOW TO APPLY
Please review the following general information before beginning your application:
- Frequently Asked Questions about the recruitment and certification procedure for the Justice Rapid Response Expert Roster
- Justice Rapid Response (JRR) brochure
If you are not the expert applying, please share this link with the Expert you wish to nominate or who you think would interested.
If you are the Expert applying, please:
- Download, complete, and scan the following documents. You will be asked to upload them prior to submitting the Online Personal History Form in Step 2:
- The JRR Nomination Form to be completed and hand-signed by your current employer (or by yourself if you are self-employed or an independent consultant). As rapid deployability of JRR experts in practice requires the agreement of the expert’s employer, the Nomination Form must be completed by the employer of the expert, and more specifically by the person who has the authority to release the expert for potential international deployments at short notice.
- The JRR Recommendation Form completed and signed by your current supervisor.
- The JRR Agreement Form read and signed by yourself.
- Go to the web-form below to complete your application:
- Personal History Form for Arabic or Hebrew-speaking experts
Shortlisting will be conducted based on the application summary that you are asked to draft. It is important that your application summary reflects how your experience and expertise are useful for investigations into international crimes.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Incomplete applications or applications that are not submitted through the web form cannot be considered.