In this edition, JRR is proud to unveil its renewed strategic partnership with the Jurisdicción Especial para la Paz (JEP), Colombia’s transitional justice mechanism established in the context of the 2016 Peace Agreement.
Discover also the highlights of our interactive discussion on the JEP’s restorative justice efforts for cases of sexual and gender-based violence, which was co-hosted by the Irish and Canadian embassies in Bogota.
Also in this edition:
- Read about our longstanding partnership with UNICEF in their 2022 Standby Arrangements Annual Report;
- Check out this article of Felipe Morales Sierra from El Espectador to learn more about how we inject gender expertise in the work of the JEP with JRR expert Dalila Seoane;
- Learn more on our efforts to mainstream child rights in a recent article of Geneva Solutions;
- Listen to the international justice podcast Asymmetrical Haircuts, which is tackling this time the dire human rights situation in Venezuela with Marta Valiñas, Chair of the UN Fact-finding mission on Venezuela. Ms. Valiñas is also a certified expert on our Roster;
- Dive into the International Criminal Court‘s policy on the crime of gender persecution, to which we contributed in partnership with UN Women, in this new Just Security blogpost written by Emily Kenney; and
- Apply now to our two open job vacancies: we are seeking two National Justice Programme Officers. Deadline: 17 September 2023.