RECRUIT THE RIGHT PROFESSIONALS IN THE RIGHT WAY
- A “Call for Nominations” outlining needed expertise and profiles is circulated via our broad network.
- Extensive outreach is conducted to ensure that the information reaches all the relevant potential partners, such as law enforcement agencies and national judiciary authorities.
- Prospective candidates are nominated by their employers. This is not just for quality control. Nominating employers also agree in principle to make their experts available for deployments.
MAKE THE SELECTION PROCESS RIGOROUS
- We carefully review each application with our partners. The ratio of applications to available training spots has been rising and is usually 10:1.
- A preliminary selection is made based on the applicants’ credentials, while the need for balanced cultural, geographic, and gender representation is also taken into consideration.
- Additional background checks and interviews are conducted before a final selection is made.
MAKE TRAINING RELEVANT, STRENUOUS AND INTERACTIVE – UPDATE THE CURRICULUM
- Training courses are designed to help professionals practice their craft under international norms and conditions, as safe and productive members of diverse teams.
- They are given by the international criminal justice field’s leading practitioners and include many practical exercises.
- Participants are closely observed during the course.
- Participants’ feedback regarding content and form are incorporated into the planning and curriculum of future courses.
CERTIFY ON THE BASIS OF DEMONSTRATED ABILITY
- Participants have to demonstrate solid knowledge of their own expertise as well as an ability to be safe, productive members of diverse international investigation teams.
- Participants who successfully complete the course are certified to the Justice Rapid Response roster. They then become available to be deployed at short notice.
MANAGE AND REVIEW THE ROSTER REGULARLY – MAKE IT « EVERGREEN »
- To ensure immediate access, information about the experts and their employers is updated regularly.
- The roster is regularly reviewed to ensure it meets the evolving needs of the international community.